Mauritania and the People's Republic of China signed Tuesday in Nouakchott a framework agreement on the financing and carrying out projects of Chinese investment in our country.
The agreement was signed by MM. Sidi Ould Tah, our Minister of Economic Affairs and Development and Haijun Zhang, vice-chairman of the committee on the food industry and high science and technology of China is in the amount of U.S. $ 100 million to invest by Chinese in Mauritania over a period of 3 years and is aimed at achieving the following projects:
- A hospital specializes in international modern medicine and Chinese;
- A complex
- A commercial center for the exhibition and wholesale of Chinese products;
- A warehouse next to the autonomous port of Nouakchott for the storage of materials, equipment and Chinese products;
- A public lighting project-based solar energy in Nouakchott and other urban centers;
- A strong agriculture driver 500 hectares for growing vegetables in greenhouses and for cereal crops (rice) in Rosso (Farm Mpourié)
- An urban transport project in Nouakchott.
It should be noted that this agreement comes within the framework of strengthening economic cooperation between copy the People's Republic of China and the Islamic Republic of Mauritania.